LMS Class 2 2-6-0 No.46521
The locomotive was built at Swindon and completed on 19th February 1953 at a cost of £13,756 and was initially allocated to Oswestry. It spent almost its entire working life in Wales, but was transferred the London Midland Region for maintenance on 7th July 1962. She subsequently had Heavy Maintenance repairs at Crewe between 30th April and 1st June, 1963 probably because the locomotive was earmarked for Royal Train duties in August 1963, when the Queen visited North Wales for three days. Its duties were positioning moves and overnight steam heating of the Royal Train stock. She was withdrawn by LMR on 29th October, 1966 and arrived at Barry scrapyard in March, 1967, unusually still retaining its original boiler
Size: 12 x 16″
Medium: Acrylics on prepared Board
FREE UK P&P on all orders. For Worldwide P&P please enquire.
Please allow 10 working days for delivery, also note that glass will not be included in framed originals.
* All digital prints will be on an A3 sheet but as each picture is of different proportions there will be a white border surrounding each picture.